Excavator Operator Training
National Training teaches students how to safely operate different sizes and models of bulldozers, articulating loaders, tractor/loader backhoes, and excavators. Below are the objectives for the excavator training portion of the Heavy Now course.
Please note that the equipment displayed on the website is not necessary present at all training sites, as we change training equipment from time to time.
Identify and describe types, uses, and components of excavators
- Identify and describe common types
- Identify and describe common uses
- Identify and describe major parts
- Identify and describe instrumentation and controls
- Identify and describe common excavator buckets and attachments
Identify and describe safety, inspection, and service guidelines associated with an excavator
- Describe safety guidelines
- Describe pre-start inspection procedures
- Describe preventive maintenance requirements
Describe basic startup and operating procedures for a track-mounted hydraulic excavator
- Describe startup, warm-up, and shutdown procedures
- Describe basic maneuvers and operations
- Describe common work activities
- Describe activities involving special attachments
IS A CAREER IN HEAVY EQUIPMENT RIGHT FOR YOU?
Take the National Training Inc.'s Heavy Equipment/CDL Career Training Readiness Quiz
This fun online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.