Bulldozer Operator Training
National Training teaches students how to safely operate different sizes and models of bulldozers, articulating loaders, tractor/loader backhoes, and excavators. Below are the objectives for the bulldozer training portion of the Heavy Now course.
Please note that the equipment displayed on the website is not necessary present at all training sites, as we change training equipment from time to time.
Identify and describe the uses and components of a bulldozer
- Identify and describe common uses and types of dozers
- Identify and describe major parts of a dozer
- Identify and describe dozer instrumentation
- Identify and describe dozer controls
- Identify and describe common dozer blades
- Identify and describe common dozer attachments
Identify and describe safety, inspection, and service guidelines associated with a bulldozer
- Describe guidelines associated with dozer safety
- Describe prestart inspection procedures
- Describe preventive maintenance requirements
Describe basic startup and operating procedures for a bulldozer
- Describe start-up, warm-up, and shutdown procedures
- Describe basic maneuvers and operations
- Describe common work activities
IS A CAREER IN HEAVY EQUIPMENT RIGHT FOR YOU?
Take the National Training Inc.'s Heavy Equipment/CDL Career Training Readiness Quiz
This fun online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.